Tuesday, June 27, 2006

random news from the Midwest!

Hello friends! Isn't summer wonderful? Everything is green, the birds are singing, and David is going crazy (and Magda has a mutation?!).

I have some pictures also, this past weekend I went to Custer, Wisconsin (population 500) and attended a Sustainable Energy fair (where the population of Custer tripled in size). We talked about all the different ways to save energy and such, and here are some pictures from it...


this is me in front of a biodiesel bus, it runs on the fat from McDonalds!


All of a sudden it began to rain very very hard, and all of us were pushed into a huge barn until the severe weather passed. These are the puddles, and behind them are cows and horses.


These are the signs for the trash and recycling and all that.

Finally, for a wonderful photo of moi, here I am demonstrating my model for a class. Look at it first, and then I will explain it to you.




This model was for my Teaching English as a Foreign Language class. It is a tan version of me, and I was trying to demonstrate how learning a language is a lot like tanning--there are a lot of methods, a lot of obstacles, and a person can get burned out. And I got an A on it. YAY!

I hope things are going well for everyone, I keep thinking of the day when we are all in Prague and enjoying our time together.

take care,
Hannah

No comments: